Monday, August 11, 2008

The beginning of something beautiful...

(or in the very least, something vaguely interesting.)
This being my first post, I probably ought to use it to introduce myself.

My name is Kimberley, but I'd rather you called me Kimby. I'm 18, have glasses, and am well and truly taken, thankyou very much. I love painting, drawing and design, with a sprinkle of craft thrown in for good measure. I also enjoy reading, writing overly long stuff (as you will soon find out), and listening to music. Not that I've ever met someone who doesn't enjoy listening to music. If you don't, let me know, and I'll fix that sentence right up.

The point of this blog is that I'll be posting the artwork I'm making at my art course, so that you can all keep up with what I'm doing. There's a lot of people out there I'd love to keep in touch with, especially my friends who have moved away for study, but also people from a few forums and the like... or anyone who's interested in what I'm making, basically.

The other point of this blog is to keep me motivated to make artwork that inspires people. I guess it's just an outlet for my creativity, so I'd love to hear from anyone who has an opinion on what I'm making- good or bad. Hopefully I'll also get to talk about some of the artists of my acquiaintance, in reality or over the internet... because some of them are just so darn cool!

Okay, I've gone on enough. If you have something you'd like to say, leave a comment or send me an email, and I'll be glad to hear from you.

Thanks for your patience. If you read the whole thing, you deserve a cookie. Actually, let me know if you did, because I might just be able to do something about that...

Kimby.

No comments: