Monday, October 6, 2008

Ruby, don't take your love to town.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to Kenny Rogers. Honestly. Or else, I wouldn't have chosen this song:




Ruby, dont take your love to town - Kenny Rogers


As the inspiration behind my second photography brief. No way. I just really happen to like this song. And there's nothing wrong with that, is there? Right?

Ok. Moving right along. I just happened to have the perfect location in mind, for this song. And the perfect props. And the perfect model. So, even though I have very little clue as how to use a DSLR, my photos still turned out pretty well, thanks to everything else being so perfect.

Two Dresses

Decisions

Pensive

Ruby Slippers

Bedress




Now, I'd like to thank some people for their contributions to making these photos look good. You guys deserve an award or something.

  • Thankyou Almost Perfectly Abandoned Shed for being unlocked, spooky, and almost perfectly abandoned.
  • Thankyou, Mr Farmer, for saying it was fine after I decided to break into your almost perfectly abandoned shed, and letting me come back anytime.
  • Thankyou, Grandma's wedding dress, for happily being dragged through dirt, dust, and rusted bedsprings without a word of complaint.
  • Thankyou Chuck for being my lovely model at such short notice, being very patient with my rubbish camera skills, and for your excellent serious face... when you weren't laughing at me.
  • Thankyou, inventors of Photoshop, for reasons previously explained in this post.
I would NOT like to thank my spawn-of-the-devil-ish tripod for deciding to somehow loosen itself between every single shot.

I'm sure Kenny Rogers would be ashamed of you.

No comments: